Looking for a tasty, yet simple dessert to make for a last minute party, or guests, or just because you need something chocolatey RIGHT NOW? This is the dessert is what you have been waiting for! Impress all your guests with this and they will definitely think you slaved away in the kitchen all day making this.
This simple- one bowl- one pan- gooey- rich treat, will make you wonder why you don’t make a homemade dessert more often.
What is great about this dessert is that you can sub out the blackberries for any other berry you prefer. I did make it once with fresh blackberries, but they kind of disappeared into the molten lava and were not as good as with the frozen ones. What the heck, throw caution to the wind and why not add three kinds of berries at once and see what happens.
Blackberry Chocolate Molten Lava Decadence
Prep time – 5 mins Cook time – 20 mins Total time – 25 mins
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter
- 1 Cup semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup granualted sugar
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Grease a small, deep rectangular baking dish (mine is a stoneware pan roughly 9 by 5 inches) or a square brownie pan will work as well
- In a microwave safe mixing bowl that is big enough to take all the ingredients later, melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring frequently.
- Once the chocolate and butter is melted, let it cool slightly and then stir in all the remaining ingredients.
- Scrape the mixture into your baking dish, and place in the oven for 20 minutes. The dessert should be set around the edges, with but still be jiggly a bit in the middle.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.